Hit and Run Accidents

Getting into a car accident is always a stressful time, but that stress can increase exponentially if the driver of the other vehicle fled the scene. How do you go about getting the proper compensation to cover your property damage and injuries if the other drive left? That’s where a law firm experienced in hit-and-run accidents is necessary. Our attorneys at John Mobley Law Firm are experienced in every kind of auto accident and will fight to help you get the compensation you deserve.

Reasons Behind Hit-and-Run Accidents

There are a variety of reasons why a driver may flee an accident scene.

  • Driving without a license
  • Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
  • Driving on a suspended license
  • Driver has a criminal record
  • Driver is unaware that they actually hit someone
  • Driver may be scared of the consequences

Regardless of the reason, leaving the scene of an auto accident is illegal. If you are a victim of a hit-and-run accident in South Carolina, you deserve justice.

Why File a Hit-and-Run Claim in South Carolina?

Your own insurance company might have what’s known as a phantom motorist provision, which means it will pay for injuries you suffer in a hit-and-run accident, even if you do not know who hit you. Regardless of a phantom motorist provision, if you have uninsured motorist insurance coverage, which is a required in South Carolina, you still might be able to file a claim for compensation. To do so, you must prove that you filed a police report in a reasonable timeframe. You must also prove that the damage or injury was caused by contact with another vehicle or that it was witnessed by another person. Finally, you must prove that you were not negligent in identifying the other vehicle or driver at the time the accident occurred. This can be a confusing, complicated process, but our experienced auto accident attorneys can help.

Call Us Now

If you have been the victim of a hit-and-run accident in South Carolina, call the John Mobley Law Firm now. Don’t wait. We care about your claim and are not afraid of battling insurance companies to get the compensation you deserve. Call 833-JOHNCAN (564-6226) now.