Top Causes of Truck Accidents
Crashes involving tractor-trailers and other heavy trucks lead to serious injuries and fatalities. John Mobley Law Firm has helped many clients recover the compensation they deserve from big truck accidents. Although there are many safety regulations for commercial trucking, accidents still occur.
If there are so many safety regulations, though, why do truck accidents happen? Here are some of the top causes of truck accidents:
- Driver error. Drivers are human and do make mistakes. Far too often, though, those mistakes are pure negligence and could have been avoided, such as fatigue, distraction, speeding and aggressive driving.
- Poor vehicle maintenance. Drivers often get in a hurry and fail to perform pre-trip check-ups and maintenance. Even if the driver did his part, sometimes maintenance employees did not do their jobs well. Negligence in this department can be very dangerous.
- Unbalanced load. Trailers often are loaded with tens of thousands of pounds of cargo. If the trailer is not loaded properly, the driver can lose control, especially in windy or wet conditions.
- Equipment failures. Part manufacturers can be held liable if their parts or technology caused the driver to have an accident.
- Malfunctioning brakes. Truckers rely on their brakes more than most vehicles. When brakes don’t work or have not been maintained or installed properly, accidents happen – often with tragic consequences.
If you have been involved in a truck accident, your John Mobley Law Firm personal injury attorney can determine the exact cause of the accident and identify the liable parties. Often, there can be more than one liable party, including the driver, the trucking company, third-party manufacturers, the maintenance company, and more.
Your truck accident attorney knows how to get you the most compensation possible to pay for lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering and more. Contact us today for a free consultation.