What to do if you were injured by a drunk driver

If you were injured by a drunk driver, there are several steps you can take to protect your rights and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. The John Mobley Law Firm has experienced, compassionate attorneys who are experts in helping South Carolina residents receive compensation after they were injured by drunk drivers.

If you have been injured by a drunk driver, it’s important to act fast. Here’s what you need to do:

Seek medical attention: Your health and well-being should be your top priority after an accident. Even if you feel fine immediately after the accident, it’s important to get checked out by a medical professional to make sure that you don’t have any hidden injuries or underlying conditions that could cause problems later on.

Call the police: Report the accident to the police as soon as possible, and provide them with as much information as you can about the other driver and the circumstances of the accident. The police report can be an important piece of evidence in any legal proceedings that may follow.

Gather evidence: If you are able to, take photos of the scene of the accident, including any damage to your vehicle and any injuries you have sustained. Get the contact information of any witnesses who may have seen the accident happen, as their testimony may be valuable in any legal proceedings.

Contact your attorney: Consult with your John Mobley Law Firm attorney, who specializes in personal injury cases. We can help you understand your legal options and can represent you in negotiations with insurance companies – or in court, if necessary.

File a claim with your insurance company: Notify your insurance company of the accident and provide them with documentation or evidence you have gathered.

Pursue legal action: You may need to pursue legal action to receive the compensation you deserve. Your attorney can help you navigate this process and represent you in court if necessary.

If you have been injured by a drunk driver, the John Mobley Law Firm can help get you compensation for medical bills, property damage or replacement, pain and suffering, lost wages and more. Contact us today for a free consultation.